Distributions taxable for the 2023 tax-year are reported to you on the 2023 Form 1099-DIV. This includes distributions payable on the dates listed in the table below. The tax character of these distributions as a percent of each total distribution is:
Important Information and Risks
Summary of Risk Factors
Investing in the Fund's common shares of beneficial interest (Shares) involves a number of significant risks. The following information is a list of material risk factors associated with an investment in the Shares specifically, as well as those factors generally associated with an investment in the Fund. In addition to the other information contained in this fact sheet and the Prospectus, you should consider carefully the following information before making an investment in the Shares. If any of the following events occur, the Fund's business, financial condition and results of operations could be materially and adversely affected. In such cases, the NAV of the Shares could decline, and you may lose all or part of your investment. Along with the risks listed under the heading "Risk Factors" in the Prospectus, please also consider the following:
- The Fund has a limited operating history and there is no assurance that it will achieve its investment objective.
- The Fund has not identified specific investments that it will make with the proceeds of this offering, so it may be considered a “blind pool” offering because you will not have the opportunity to evaluate historical data or assess future investments before purchasing Shares.
- There may be changes in laws or regulations (including interpretations thereof), including tax laws, governing the Fund’s operations or the operations of its portfolio companies or the operations of its competitors.
- You should not expect to be able to sell your Shares regardless of how the Fund performs and you should consider that you may not have access to the money you invest for an extended period of time. An investment in the Shares is not suitable for you if you need access to the money you invest. See “Suitability Standards” and “Share Repurchase Program” in the Prospectus. An investment in the Shares is suitable only for investors with the financial ability and willingness to accept the high risks and lack of liquidity inherent in an investment in the Shares.
- The Fund does not intend to list the Shares on any securities exchange and does not expect a secondary market in the Shares to develop. Because you may be unable to sell your Shares, you will be unable to reduce your exposure in any market downturn.
- At the discretion of the Fund’s board of trustees and beginning no later than the first full calendar quarter after Shares are sold in the offering, the Fund intends to implement a share repurchase program, but only a limited number of Shares will be eligible for repurchase and repurchases will be subject to available liquidity and other significant restrictions. The Fund’s board of trustees may amend, suspend or terminate the share repurchase program at any time. See “Share Repurchase Program” in the Prospectus.
- The Fund cannot guarantee that it will make distributions, and if it does, the Fund may fund such distributions from sources other than cash flow from operations, including the sale of assets, borrowings, return of capital or offering proceeds, and there are no limits on the amounts that the Fund may pay from such sources. Distributions may exceed the Fund’s earnings and profits, especially during the period before the Fund has substantially invested the proceeds from the offering. As a result, a portion of the distributions that the Fund makes may represent a return of capital for tax purposes. A return of capital is a return of a portion of your original investment in the Shares.
- Distributions may also be funded in significant part, directly or indirectly, from temporary waivers or expense reimbursements borne by Fund’s investment adviser or its affiliates that may be subject to reimbursement to the Fund’s investment adviser or its affiliates. The repayment of any amounts owed to the Fund’s affiliates will reduce the Fund’s net asset value and may reduce future distributions to which you would otherwise be entitled.
- The Fund expects to use leverage, which will magnify the potential for loss on amounts invested in the Fund.
- The Fund qualifies as an “emerging growth company” as defined in the Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act and cannot be certain if the reduced disclosure requirements applicable to emerging growth companies will make the Shares less attractive to investors.
- The Fund invests in instruments that are typically unrated or rated below investment grade. Generally, the Fund believes that if its unrated investments were rated, they would be rated below investment grade. Bonds that are rated below investment grade are sometimes referred to as “high yield bonds” or “junk bonds.” These unrated and below investment grade instruments have predominantly speculative characteristics with respect to the issuer’s capacity to pay interest and repay principal. They may also be illiquid and difficult to value. The Fund intends to invest significantly in the junk bonds.
- Certain Ares funds may have investment objectives that compete or overlap with, and may from time to time invest in asset classes similar to those targeted by, the Fund. As a result, the Fund, on the one hand, and these other entities, on the other hand, may from time to time pursue the same or similar capital and investment opportunities. Ares and the Fund’s investment adviser endeavor to allocate investment opportunities in a fair and equitable manner, and in any event consistent with any fiduciary duties owed to the Fund, nevertheless, it is possible that the Fund may not be given the opportunity to participate in certain investments made by investment funds managed by investment managers affiliated with Ares (including the Fund’s investment adviser and its affiliates).
- Economic recessions or downturns could impair the Fund’s portfolio companies and harm its operating results.
See the Prospectus for more detailed risk information. The list above is not a complete list of Fund risks. You should rely only on the information contained in the Prospectus. The Fund has not authorized anyone to provide you with different information. You should not assume that the information provided by the Prospectus is accurate as of its date. No offering is made except by the Prospectus filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Department of Law of the State of New York. Neither the SEC, the Attorney-General of the State of New York nor any other state securities regulator has approved or disapproved of the securities or determined if the Prospectus is truthful or complete. Any representation to the contrary is a criminal offense.
Forward-Looking Statement Disclosure
This website may contain words such as "anticipates," "believes," "expects," "intends," "projects," "estimates," "will," "should," "could," "would," "likely," "may" and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements, although not all forward-looking statements include these words. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which are based on information available to the Fund as of the date on the cover of this website. Except as required by the federal securities laws, the Fund undertakes no obligation to revise or update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. The forward-looking statements in this website are excluded from the safe harbor protection provided by Section 27A of the Securities Act and Section 21E of the Exchange Act. The Fund's actual results and condition could differ materially from those implied or expressed in the forward-looking statements or from the Fund's historical performance for any reason, including the factors set forth in "Summary of Risk Factors" and the other information included in this content and in the Prospectus, including the documents incorporated by reference into the Prospectus.
Additional Important Disclosures
This content, developed by Ares Wealth Management Solutions (“AWMS”), distributor of the Fund, should not be used as a primary basis for investment decisions and is not intended to serve as investment or fiduciary advice. These materials also contain information about Ares and certain of its personnel and affiliates whose portfolios are managed by Ares or its affiliates. Information about the Fund or its investment strategy is not and should not be interpreted as a guarantee of future performance. Future results are subject to any number of risks and factors, many of which are beyond the control of the Fund, its investment adviser, or its distributor. In addition, an investment in the Fund will be discrete from an investment in any other fund or account managed by Ares (an "Ares Fund") and will not be an investment in Ares. As such, neither the realized returns nor the unrealized values attributable to one Ares Fund are directly applicable to an investment in any other Ares Fund. Funds may engage in speculative investment practices such as leverage, short-selling, arbitrage, hedging, derivatives, and other strategies that may increase investment loss. Investors may suffer the loss of their entire investment. In addition, in light of the various investment strategies of such other Ares Funds, it is noted that such other investment programs may have portfolio investments inconsistent with those of the Fund. Ares Capital Management LLC serves as the Fund's investment adviser ("investment adviser"). The investment adviser’s ASIF Investment Committee ("Investment Committee") is responsible for making investment decisions for the Fund's portfolio. AWMS is the distributor for the Fund.
This material was not created by any third-party registered broker-dealers or investment advisers who are distributing shares of the Fund (each, a “Dealer”). The Dealers are not affiliated with the Fund and have not prepared the material or the information herein.
Investments mentioned in this material may not be in the best interest of, or is suitable for, all investors. Any product discussed herein may be purchased only after an investor has carefully reviewed the prospectus and executed the subscription documents.
Alternative investments often are speculative, typically have higher fees than traditional investments, often include a high degree of risk and are in the best interest of, or suitable for, eligible, long-term investors who are willing to forgo liquidity and put capital at risk for an indefinite period of time. They may be highly illiquid and can engage in leverage and other speculative practices that may increase volatility and risk of loss. Opinions expressed herein reflect the current opinions of Ares as of the date appearing in the materials only and are based on Ares’ opinions of the current market environment, which is subject to change.
Shareholders, financial professionals and prospective investors should not rely solely upon the information presented when making an investment decision and should review the most recent prospectus, as supplemented, available at https://www.sec.gov or areswms.com/ares-wealth-management-solutions/solutions/asif.
Certain information contained in this material discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends, or other broad-based economic, market or political conditions and should not be construed as research or investment advice. Further, opinions expressed herein may differ from the opinions expressed by a Dealer and/or other businesses or affiliates of a Dealer. This is not a “research report” as defined by FINRA Rule 2241 and was not prepared by the research departments of a Dealer or its affiliates.
AWMS, an affiliate of the Fund’s investment adviser, is a member of FINRA and is a broker-dealer whose purpose is to distribute Ares’ managed or affiliated products. AWMS provides services to its Ares affiliates, not to investors in its funds, strategies or other products. AWMS does not make any recommendation regarding, and will not monitor, any investment. As such, when AWMS presents an investment strategy or product to an investor, AWMS does not collect the information necessary to determine, and AWMS does not engage in a determination regarding, whether an investment in the strategy or product is in the best interests of, or is suitable for, the investor. You should exercise your own judgment and/or consult with a professional advisor to determine whether it is advisable for you to invest in any Ares strategy or product. Please note that AWMS may not provide the kinds of financial services that you might expect from another financial intermediary, such as overseeing any brokerage or similar account.
Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. An investment in the Fund involves a high degree of risk and therefore should only be undertaken by qualified investors whose financial resources are sufficient to enable them to assume these risks and to bear the loss of all or part of their investment. The Fund and Ares do not guarantee any level of return or risk on investments and there can be no assurance that the Fund’s investment objective will be achieved.
An investment in the Fund should be considered illiquid. An investment in the Fund is not suitable for investors who need access to the money they invest. Although the Fund may offer to repurchase a limited amount of its shares via quarterly tender offers, the Fund’s shares will not be redeemable, transferable or otherwise exchangeable at an investor’s option. As a result, an investor may not be able to sell or otherwise liquidate its shares. There can be no assurance that the Fund will conduct tender offers in any particular period and investors may be unable to tender their shares for repurchase for an indefinite period of time.
This is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase the securities described herein. An offering is made only by the Prospectus to individuals who meet minimum suitability requirements. This material is authored only when it is accompanied or preceded by the Prospectus and must be read in conjunction with the Prospectus in order to fully understand all of the implications and risk of the offering to which the Prospectus relates. Please read the Prospectus prior to making any investment decisions and consider the risks, charges, and expenses and other information described therein. Additional copies of the Prospectus may be obtained by contacting your financial advisor or by visiting EDGAR on the SEC website at https://www.sec.gov or by visiting areswms.com/ares-wealth-management-solutions/solutions/asif. Investors should consult with their financial advisor about the suitability of the Fund for their portfolio.
Please read the applicable Ares Fund or Real Estate Income Trust ("REIT") Prospectus prior to making any investment decision and consider carefully the REIT’s or Funds’ investment objectives, risks, charges, expenses and other important information described therein. A copy of the REIT and Funds Prospectuses, which contain this and other information about the REIT or Fund, must be made available to you in connection with any offering of the Shares. Click here to view the REIT and Funds' Prospectuses. The REIT and Funds prospectuses do not constitute an offer to sell securities, nor a solicitation of an offer to buy their Shares in any state where the offer or sale is not permitted.
Ares Wealth Management Solutions does not offer investment advice. Individuals should consult a professional investment advisor.
Investments in the Ares Private Markets Fund, Ares Strategic Income Fund, or Ares REITs are not suitable for all investors. Investing in shares of the Funds or REITs involves a high degree of risk, including the risk that payment of distributions is uncertain and cannot be guaranteed, the risk that an investment is not liquid, and the risk that stockholders may lose the entire amount of their investment. Please review the AREIT Summary Risk Factors and the Prospectus, AIREIT Summary Risk Factors and the Prospectus, and the APMF Summary Risk Factors and the Prospectus, and the ASIF Summary Risk Factors and the Prospectus for a complete list of the risks associated with the REITs, Ares Private Markets Fund, and Ares Strategic Income Fund investments.
No offering is made except by a prospectus filed with the Department of Law of the State of New York. Neither the SEC nor any other state securities regulator has approved or disapproved of the securities described in the prospectus or determined if the prospectus is truthful or complete. In addition, the Attorney General of the state of New York has not passed on or endorsed the merits of the offering. Any representation to the contrary is a criminal offense. Fund and REIT shares will be offered to the public through Ares Wealth Management Solutions, LLC, member of Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and SIPC, which will act as the dealer manager, and through other members of FINRA or with the assistance of registered investment advisors.
Our prospectuses are provided in Adobe PDF format. The Adobe Reader software can be downloaded here.
NOT A DEPOSIT • NOT FDIC INSURED • NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK • MAY LOSE VALUE • NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY
You Must First Receive a Copy of the Prospectus - ASIF
This website is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy the securities described in the Ares Strategic Income Fund (ASIF) prospectus. Offerings are made only by means of a prospectus, which should be read in order to fully understand all of the implications and risks associated with an offering.
This site and the materials herein are directed only to certain types of investors and to persons in jurisdictions where Ares Strategic Income Fund ("ASIF") is authorized for distribution.
Complete information about investing in shares of ASIF is available in the prospectus. An investment in ASIF involves risks.
By clicking "I Agree" below, you acknowledge that you have received a copy of the ASIF prospectus prior to entering our website. If you have not yet received a copy, please use the following link to access a copy of the ASIF prospectus:
By clicking " I Agree" below, you acknowledge that you are either (a) a United States resident or (b) have otherwise received authorization from ASIF or your broker-dealer/ registered investment advisor to access the contents to its website.
State of Residence
By selecting an option from the above list, you certify that you are a resident of such option.
Connect with our Wealth Management Solutions team that works with Financial Advisors and Private Wealth Managers to provide alternative solutions. For investors based in EMEA and APAC, please visit our Non-U.S. Investors Contact section.
Reach out to your Financial Advisor.
Financial Advisor Inquiries
Financial Advisors Information Request
You are now leaving the AccessAres website
AccessAres is the thought-leadership and educational division of Ares Wealth Management Solutions. The materials distributed by AccessAres are for informational purposes only and do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold any security, investment strategy or market sector. Ares Wealth Management Solutions is a global brand of Ares Management Corporation.