This is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase the securities described herein. An offering is made only by the Prospectus which must precede or accompany this presentation. Please read the Prospectus prior to making any investment decisions and consider the risks, charges, and expenses and other information described therein. Additional copies of the Prospectus may be obtained by contacting your financial advisor or by visiting areswms.com.
This content, developed by Ares Wealth Management Solutions, LLC, distributor of Ares Private Markets Fund (the “Fund”), should not be used as a primary basis for investment decisions and is not intended to serve as investment or fiduciary advice.
An investment in shares of beneficial interest of the Fund (“Shares”) is speculative with a substantial risk of loss. The Fund and the Adviser do not guarantee any level of return or risk on investments and there can be no assurance that the Fund’s investment objective will be achieved. You should carefully consider these risks along with all the other information contained in the Prospectus before deciding to invest in the Fund.
- The Fund has no operating history.
- An investment in the Fund may not be suitable for investors who may need the money they invested in a specified timeframe.
- Shares are not listed on any securities exchange, and it is not anticipated that a secondary market for Shares will develop. Although the Fund may offer to repurchase Shares from time to time, Shares will not be redeemable at an investor’s option nor will they be exchangeable for shares of any other fund. As a result, an investor may not be able to sell or otherwise liquidate its Shares. The Adviser intends to recommend that, in normal market circumstances, the Fund’s board of trustees (the “Board”) conduct quarterly tender offers of no more than 5% of the Fund’s net assets. The Fund does not anticipate conducting a tender offer until the completion of two full quarters of investment operations.
- Shares are subject to substantial restrictions on transferability and resale and may not be transferred or resold except as summarized in the Prospectus and permitted under the Fund’s agreement and declaration of trust.
In addition to the risks above, the Fund’s risks and limitations also include, but are not limited to the following:
- Dependence on the Adviser and key personnel: The Fund will depend on the Adviser’s ability to perform its functions and the key personnel who are employed by the Adviser. There is no assurance that these key personnel will continue to be associated with the Adviser which can have an impact on the management and performance of the Fund.
- Non-diversification of investments: The Fund is a “non-diversified” investment company for purposes of the Investment Company Act which means the Fund may be more susceptible to the risk that one single event or occurrence can have a significant adverse impact on the fund.
- Valuation risks: The Fund is subject to valuation risk, which is the risk that one or more of the securities in the Fund are valued at prices the Fund is unable to obtain upon sale due to factors such as incomplete data, market instability, human error, or no readily available market quotations, and other factors. Therefore, the variance in the valuation of the investments can impact fees and expenses and the price a Shareholder will receive when purchasing or selling shares of the fund.
- Private equity strategy-specific risks: Direct Investments in private companies and investments in Portfolio Funds, involve a high degree of business and financial risk that can result in substantial losses.
- Private company investment risks: Private companies are generally not subject to SEC reporting requirements, are not required to maintain accounting records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and are not required to maintain effective internal controls over financial reporting. As a result, there is the risk that the Fund may invest based on incomplete or inaccurate information, which can adversely affect the Fund’s performance. Private companies may also have limited financial resources, shorter operating histories, more asset concentration risk, narrower product lines and smaller market shares that can make such private companies more vulnerable to competitors’ actions and market conditions. Private companies are generally in restricted securities that are not traded in public markets, and are subject to holding periods, and the Fund may not be able to realize the value of such investments in a timely manner. There may also be significant competition for these types of assets which can affect the Fund’s ability to achieve the desired allocation and investment returns.
- Portfolio Fund investment risks: Portfolio Fund interests are expected to be illiquid; their marketability may be restricted and the realization of investments from them make take considerable time and/or be costly. In addition, Portfolio Funds may have little or no near-term cash flow available to distribute to investors including the Fund. Certain securities in which the Portfolio Funds invest may not have a readily ascertainable market price and are fair valued by the Portfolio Fund Managers, and these valuations may be impossible to confirm. The investments made by Portfolio Funds will entail a high degree of risk and in most cases be highly illiquid and difficult to value.
- Secondary Investment Risks: There is no assurance that Secondary Investments made by the Fund will be made at attractive discounts to net asset value or at all. There is no assurance that the Fund will be able to identify Secondary Investments that satisfy the Fund’s investment objectives.
- Direct investment risks: The Fund’s investment portfolio will include Direct Investments, which are investments in the equity and/or debt securities of private companies including alongside private equity funds and other private equity firms. The Adviser may have little or no opportunity to conduct due diligence or negotiate the terms of such investments. The Fund’s ability to dispose of Direct Investments may be severely limited.
See the Prospectus for more detailed risk information. The list above is not a complete list of Fund risks. You should rely only on the information contained in the Prospectus. The Fund has not authorized anyone to provide you with different information. You should not assume that the information provided by the Prospectus is accurate as of its date. Neither the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (“SEC”) nor any state securities commission has approved or disapproved of these securities or determined if the Prospectus is truthful or complete. Any representation to the contrary is a criminal offense.
Please read the applicable Ares Fund or Real Estate Income Trust ("REIT") Prospectus prior to making any investment decision and consider carefully the REIT’s or Funds’ investment objectives, risks, charges, expenses and other important information described therein. A copy of the REIT and Funds Prospectuses, which contain this and other information about the REIT or Fund, must be made available to you in connection with any offering of the Shares. Click here to view the REIT and Funds' Prospectuses. The REIT and Funds prospectuses do not constitute an offer to sell securities, nor a solicitation of an offer to buy their Shares in any state where the offer or sale is not permitted.
Ares Wealth Management Solutions does not offer investment advice. Individuals should consult a professional investment advisor.
Investments in the Ares Private Markets Fund, Ares Strategic Income Fund, or Ares REITs are not suitable for all investors. Investing in shares of the Funds or REITs involves a high degree of risk, including the risk that payment of distributions is uncertain and cannot be guaranteed, the risk that an investment is not liquid, and the risk that stockholders may lose the entire amount of their investment. Please review the AREIT Summary Risk Factors and the Prospectus, AIREIT Summary Risk Factors and the Prospectus, and the APMF Summary Risk Factors and the Prospectus, and the ASIF Summary Risk Factors and the Prospectus for a complete list of the risks associated with the REITs, Ares Private Markets Fund, and Ares Strategic Income Fund investments.
No offering is made except by a prospectus filed with the Department of Law of the State of New York. Neither the SEC nor any other state securities regulator has approved or disapproved of the securities described in the prospectus or determined if the prospectus is truthful or complete. In addition, the Attorney General of the state of New York has not passed on or endorsed the merits of the offering. Any representation to the contrary is a criminal offense. Fund and REIT shares will be offered to the public through Ares Wealth Management Solutions, LLC, member of Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and SIPC, which will act as the dealer manager, and through other members of FINRA or with the assistance of registered investment advisors.
Our prospectuses are provided in Adobe PDF format. The Adobe Reader software can be downloaded here.
NOT A DEPOSIT • NOT FDIC INSURED • NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK • MAY LOSE VALUE • NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY
Connect with our Wealth Management Solutions team that works with Financial Advisors and Private Wealth Managers to provide alternative solutions. For investors based in EMEA and APAC, please visit our Non-U.S. Investors Contact section.
Reach out to your Financial Advisor.
Financial Advisor Inquiries
[email protected] (866) 324-7348
Financial Advisors Information Request
You are now leaving the AccessAres website
AccessAres is the thought-leadership and educational division of Ares Wealth Management Solutions. The materials distributed by AccessAres are for informational purposes only and do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold any security, investment strategy or market sector. Ares Wealth Management Solutions is a global brand of Ares Management Corporation.